Thursday, February 11, 2010

She'll Always be My Little Girl


Tara is sick. She sounds just awful. But she doesn't have a fever. And she doesn't have insurance. Her lungs are tight and achy, so I told her to boil some water on the stove to put some humidity in the air. She said, "How do I do that?"

She meant, "Is that gonna work?" Remember, she's sick.

So I decided to get her a humidifier so she can have it in her bedroom. I went to Target and bought this cute little Elephant shaped humidifier. She was tickled. I was amused she liked it so much. I guess my little girl will always be: My Little Girl.

1 comment:

  1. This is sooo true! I remember fondly my mother reading a favorite story book to me at bedtime . . . when I was in high school. :) And I remember rolling my eyes (but sharing a sly smile) as she rocked Todd in the old rocker . . . after he was married. LOL

    It's awfully comforting to know your parents are there for you just like when you were a wee one and that my girls will always secretly want me to tuck them in.

    I think my Grandma was helping her son labor through his last week much like she did when she was alive and he was her sick little guy. And I can't help but see the spiritual parallel with our Father in Heaven.

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete