Monday, March 16, 2009

FOR MOMS ON DAYS WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER WHY YOU WANTED TO BE A MOM

I read this nice article a few days ago about a lady who wasn't feeling quite fulfilled in her job as a mother. A friend gave her a book about the great cathedrals of the world and she found parallels in cathedral building and raising children. She said she found these four great truths after which she could pattern her work:


1. No one can say who built the great cathedrals - we have no record of their names.


2. These builders gave their whole lives for a work they would never see finished.


3. They made great sacrifices and expected no credit.


4. The passion of their building was fueled by their faith that the eyes of God saw everything

1 comment:

  1. Wow . . . this is sooo true to motherhood. But sometimes I feel like God already gave me the Cathedrals and my work is to just care for them and see to it that they understand how important they are so they will continue to take proper care when I am not there.

    Hmmm . . . I love having something deep to ponder. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete