Monday, May 17, 2010

The Rest of the Story

Ian has such a little angel face in this picture, I just wanted to tell the rest of the story. What you can't see is that I am lying on the floor underneath his chair, gripping it as hard as I can so that he can not spin around. The little devil has figured out how to hook his foot "just right" under the stool, and when the photographer gets to "two" he flips himself around so that the picture is of the back of his head. What a clever little stinker behind that adorable grin.


Which reminds me of another story. When Ian was about 4 years old we went on a camping trip to Dinosaur National Park. There was a certain hike we went on called "Echo Canyon" that was an amazing finger of land that jutted out high above the river. So, on the hike I think I am going to teach my tiny son about echoes, and I say, "Holler out, Ian." Instead of shouting "HELLO!" as I expected, he grabs the fence in front of him, and with all his strength he yells, "My mom has diarrhea!" Stunned, I stood there and listened as it echoed all along the canyon, "Rhea... rhea... rhea.
"
That's my boy.


1 comment:

  1. lol! That makes me laugh. Hard. And out loud :). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete