Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ian's Birthday Surprise

Last night Scott took the boys to a Fathers and Sons camp out and I had time to get ready for Ian's birthday. I was pretty sure he thought we weren't going to do much and so I had the chance to give him a good surprise.

I decorated the dining area with what the girls call a "Birthday Shrine". I put pictures in the big window, stuff from when they were a baby and awards that they have won. And then I went to work on his room. I put his birthday money in an envelope and hid it, and then took string and criss-crossed it all over his room. The idea is that he has to follow the string to find his present.

He first tried to follow the string without wrapping it around the ruler I gave him, but he got lost near the end and had to start over. It was fun and cute, and I got a couple of cute smiles out of him. It was a good surprise and he loved it.

After he gets finished with laser tag with his friends, we'll go out for dinner tonight at his favorite: Mongolian Bar-b-que. Tomorrow Tara and Kudi will come over and will have a family dinner with more of his favorites: homemade breaded chicken tenders (we call dragon tongues), macaroni and cheese, jello salad, corn on the cob, watermelon and pineapple. He's pretty spoiled for someone who thought he wasn't going to get a birthday celebration.
















This little darling is 13 today.



He's such a cutie-pa-tootie and I love how he always gives me hugs and kisses. I've been telling him for years to stop growing, but he just never listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment