I have been looking for a new bedspread for about two years. It's not that I am so picky, it is that I have a deep mattress, and it seemed impossible to find a comforter to fit the dimensions that I needed. But I finally found one, or so it said.
When I got it home, the sheets fit fine, but the comforter was still not large enough to cover the mattress. But I liked it, and I didn't want to return it, so I ended up using the sheets to make a ruffle. I think it turned out cute. And I bought new towels and rugs for the bathroom.
And, wah-lah, my summer project is complete! (Well, almost. I'm going to quilt a cover for a throw pillow with the rest of the sheet. Then I'll be done. ;-)